Australian Good Man: Jesse Webb

I think I've been addicted to making friends with foreigners. I was like a frog in a shell. I don't know anything about cultural diversity. And this man made me realize that only by using 'Just talks' then we can be connected with other people across the country. He is Jesse Webb, my friend from Australia.

I have tried to 'just talk' with several people in the Tandem app. Not all of them replay my message. In the app, actually I want to get a partner in English speaking. I really hope that I get a native English friend. I need to speak with a native English person because I believe that language is only about habit. I can activate every word and phrase only if I use it in speaking or writing. Listening is good for learning but that is not enough. If we only listen to someone speak English then we actually only use the passive ability. We only get the information but never try to produce it. Speaking with a native English person is the best way to practice my English. I can imitate their way to make a sentence.

One day I said to Jesse how to use the time signal in English. It is the most difficult part for me when I am learning English. Jesse give me some advice that I have to think in English. The way to say previous time events in English is totally different from my native language and I am confused with it. But he convinced me. "Don't think so hard. Just talk!", Jesse said. I haven't found a native English speaker who cares about my utmost in improving my English and he was the first. Big thanks to you, Jesse.

Jesse said to me that next year (2023) he will move to Surabaya. "You have to visit Yogyakarta. You only need 5 hours by train or 1 hour by plane. I will take you to look around Jogja", I said. Will I really meet him? I don't know. I am a human. Humans can only make a plan but not for the event.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Girl from Azerbaijan: Fatima